Wednesday, August 13, 2014

It's not getting easier...

Today marks 4 months, 12 days,  or 134 days, or 19 weeks, or 3,216 hours since I had Thomas. People don't ask me how I am anymore or just check in...maybe this means I should be done healing and "over it". We don't get visitors anymore or his name doesn't get brought up very often. I'm not sure what this means for me, have people forgotten about him already or this huge loss we suffered? I'm sure that's not true, but some days it seems that way. When I see people at work and they ask me how I am, I know it's the daily small talk....but I'm not really "good or okay" as I might say I am.

We have since repainted the bedroom that would've been Thomas' room. We didn't have a crib, or the nursery ready....after all, I was only 24 weeks along. We had plans for the room though and I could envision it and what it would be like to have our baby in there. I could envision the late night feedings and the stories we'd read, and the memories we would make. There are diapers and clothes that hang in the closet...and every time I look at them I know Thomas will never get to wear them. Do I give them to someone else for their baby to wear or do I keep them and always just wonder?

Even though I know Triploidy is something that happens at conception, it's hard not to eventually blame yourself. I was very angry yesterday and I can't really pinpoint why...I couldn't have done anything different, I couldn't protect him from what he had and that's upsetting. I will always wonder what he would've been like, especially at the milestones. 

Would he have been like his dad - sweet, funny, loving, kind, and hard working? Or more like me....reserved and quiet? These are questions I will never have the answers to in this life and the things I struggle with on a daily basis....especially now, knowing he'd be almost a month old.